Monday, March 2, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading?




Happy Monday everyone!  Please check out Teach Mentor Texts and Unleashing Readers to learn more about It's Monday! What Are Your Reading?

Lately I've been reading The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater.  This is not my normal reading genre, but after hearing Maggie at TLA last spring, I really wanted to stretch myself and try something new.  I'm so glad I did!  Raven Boys really set  the stage and drew me in.  I instantly became curious about the characters and connected with each one of them on some level.  Dream Thieves is so full of anticipation.  Each page kept drawing me into the story.  I had so many questions, and I wanted answers.  Then I would find myself saying, "I didn't see that coming!"  So naturally I had to read Blue Lily, Lily Blue.  I read this book the fastest (still trying to get answers).  Once again Stiefvater has this knack for keeping the reader fully engaged in the story.  She gives you just enough but continues to twist the plot and lead you down unexpected paths.  I'm so hooked!  Now I must wait until fall to discover more answers when The Raven King is published.

I also managed to read The Geography of You and Me by Jennifer E. Smith.  A total opposite direction of my previous choices but still good.  This is a great romance novel.  A chance meeting in a New York City elevator during a power outage, an instant connection and then separation.  Although their meeting was brief something draws these two characters together, and the reader gets to travel along while these two try to find their way back to each other.  Ahh...I can't help myself to like these types of stories.

This week I plan on starting Lessons from a Dead Girl by Jo Knowles.  I loved her book See You at Harry's.  Not sure how fast I'll get to read it, however.  The library has a full schedule this week with the book fair, new books to get in the hands of readers, and our campus career day.  I hope you have a great reading adventure this week.  I would love to know what you are reading!  Comment here or give me tag on Twitter at @Boutbooks.  Enjoy your week.

No comments:

Post a Comment