Sunday, March 22, 2015

Celebrate the Sun!



Today I thought I would join Ruth Ayres and her Celebrate Link Up.  If you would like to learn more about this weekly celebration, please see Ruth's Blog. 

Celebrate the sun.  Yep, you read that correctly.  The sun has been in short supply here on the Gulf Coast for much of February and March.  In fact, I'm beginning to think mud is taking over the countryside.  Here's an example.





This would be my driveway after one recent rain.  I live in the country, so mud has been abundant.  Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all the nourishment our land and animals are receiving from the rain, but here on the Gulf Coast we are also used to lots of sunshine.  The animals especially appreciate slightly warm and sunny spring days. 


I think I'll take a long nap!!!




Or maybe I'll just soak in the warmth.



I love watching the horses, cows and dogs just lay around and sun bathe without a care in the world.  We humans would sun bathe too except most of us just burn here at the ranch.  However, that doesn't stop me from finding a shadier spot and enjoying a good book.


I know it will be all too soon before we are roasting in the southern summer heat,  but a little spring sunshine would be nice.  I saw a peek of it earlier.

Hello, Sun!

So today, I will be thankful for the rain that will disappear eventually, but I will celebrate the Sun.  I'm ready for spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment