Monday, February 16, 2015

Library Love

So last week was all about love at our school along with many others.  Junior High kids love Valentine's week.  This year I decided to use an idea I got from Pinterest.  I had students share what they loved about the library.  They wrote their message on prepared hearts I had for them.  Then I hung them up along the counter for everyone to see.  It is interesting to see all the different viewpoints.

This last week I also began challenging myself to learn new tech tools I could use and share with teachers/students.  One I really liked is Animoto.  It is a simple process to use and creates neat presentations of information.  It includes several backgrounds to choose from and music is also connected to the backgrounds.  It offers a free account or it can be upgraded.  Teachers can also create an educational account that allows for student usage as well, Click here to go to the educator portion.  This is a web-based tool; it cannot be downloaded, but it works well, is quick, and easy.  All qualities I like!

I picked a few of the students' library love messages to share in an Animoto presentation.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment